Australia—Agriculture and Veterinary Science
Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, or Melbourne, Australia
Arrive Date: July 10, 2019 End Date: August 24, 2019
Intern in Australia in a variety of areas in agriculture, agribusiness, zookeeping, wildlife rescue centers, veterinary hospital work, and more. Students gain hands-on experience aligned with their experience, and personal, professional and academic goals. Other program components include an extensive on-site orientation to help student integrate into the city, their cohort and their internship.
During this 6-week program, students will intern a minimum of 32 hours per week and receive a total of 8 quarter units; 6 for the internship and 2 for an online course that provides students with the space to reflect on their experiences. Students will have the opportunity to receive transcript notation.
Max Enrollment: 15
Taught in: English (course taught remotely)
Program Coordinator: Erin Schlemmer
Education Abroad (EAP) 180. Education Abroad: Special Topics (2 units)
Education Abroad (EAP) 192. Internship (6 units, P/NP)
Students will participate in a professional internship for a minimum of 32 hours per week. All enrolled students will be placed in an internship. Students with relevant experience and a GPA over 2.5 may have more placement options or an internship role with greater responsibility than students without experience or a lower GPA.
Note: some placements, especially at wildlife centers, may be outside the city.
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities in an international workplace
- Opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts
- Tremendous opportunity to make exciting cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point