Australia—Agriculture and Veterinary Science
Sydney & Brisbane, Australia
Arrive Date: July 10, 2019 End Date: August 24, 2019
Intern in Sydney or Brisbane in a variety of areas in agriculture, agribusiness, zookeeping, veterinary hospital work, equine veterinary centers, and more. Students gain hands-on experience aligned with their experience, and personal, professional and academic goals. Other program components include an extensive on-site orientation to help student integrate into the city, their cohort and their internship.
During this 6-week program, students will intern a minimum of 32 hours per week and receive a total of 8 quarter units; 6 for the internship and 2 for an online course that provides students with the space to reflect on their experiences. Students will have the opportunity to receive transcript notation.
Max Enrollment: 15
Taught in: English (course taught remotely)
Program Coordinator: Erin Schlemmer
Education Abroad (EAP) 180. Education Abroad: Special Topics (2 units)
Education Abroad (EAP) 192. Internship (6 units, P/NP)
Students will participate in a professional internship for a minimum of 32 hours per week. Visit the courses page for placement information and sample internships.
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities in an international workplace
- Opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts
- Tremendous opportunity to make exciting cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point