WELCOME to UCEAP, the education abroad program for the entire University of California system. UCEAP is among the oldest and most reputable study abroad programs in the nation. Our programs offer UC credit, grades, and financial aid. Program options include immersion, special focus study, language & culture, internships, research, as well as various program terms and lengths. Through coursework, immersive language study, educational trips, internships, and research, we invite students to explore new cultures, gain valuable professional training, and become globally conscious and involved. UCEAP offers UC students study abroad opportunities in:
- 40+ countries around the world;
- 100+ international partner universities;
- 400+ Summer, Semester, and Year-long program options.
VIDEO: Matthew, a biotech and linguistics major studies in S. Africa, volunteers and expands his horizons as an artist.
Choosing A Program
With so many program options, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. As you search for the best fit program for you, think about your personal and academic goals in studying abroad and don’t lose track of them. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What are you trying to achieve academically while you are abroad?
- Do you aspire to take courses toward your UC Davis major, general education requirements, for personal enrichment, or all of the above?
- Do you speak any other languages you want to perfect? Or are you interested in learning a language from scratch?
- For how long would you like to study abroad and what term? Summer, Quarter, Semester, or Year?
- Are you comfortable taking classes immersed in a foreign university, or would you prefer to stick with a group of UC students?
- Would you like the UCEAP program you select to have an internship component?
- Click the “Find A Program” tab at the top of the page to start your search.
Contact EAPassistant@ucdavis.edu for more information or advising.
VIDEO: Julia explores her future through unique lab experiences, new friends, and amazing locations.