Welcome to the Advisor Resource page! At the Global Learning Hub, we recognize the important role advisors have in supporting students across UC Davis. We have a common goal with student services, departmental, and academic advisors: we want to see students succeed academically and grow professionally. We hope these resources will be helpful in your advising.
UC Davis Global Learning Outcomes Framework
Please take a moment to review what global learning is and why it is important to our students and UC Davis community. The frameworks describe three broad global learning goals—each with a set of outcomes that demonstrate what students will know or be able to do upon completion of their educational experiences. From building awareness; exploring diversity in language, culture, and identity, as well as dynamics of equity and inclusion around the world; to taking action to face challenges in one’s own community, global learning is an essential component of our students’ educational journeys.
What type of Global Learning opportunities does the Global Learning Hub offer students?
The Global Learning Hub also offers many opportunities for students to engage global learning virtually. Please use the hyperlinks below to navigate virtual opportunities:
Key Advising Resources
- The Global Learning Programs Search Tool allows students to quickly and easily search programs related to their global learning interests. Students can search by program type, term, region of the world, or subject area.
- The Scholarships & Funding Search Tool allows students to filter funding opportunities based on programs, degree level, term, subject, region of the world, or type of award.
- The Major Advising Pages (MAPS) list popular or recommended study abroad programs for each major and/or academic subject area. Please note that options for students in all cases are more extensive than listed.
Upcoming Events to Share with Your Students
- The Global Learning Showcase, Oct 26 – 29, 2020, is designed for all UC Davis students to explore the many global learning opportunities available through the Global Learning Hub. This is a great opportunity for your students to connect with other students and staff, learn about study abroad, internships, research, on-campus and community opportunities, skill and leadership building, funding, and more.
- The Global Career Development Series is a series that provides students with global professional development resources and opportunities. Events are ongoing and open to all students. You may access previously recorded events, too.
Professional Development Opportunities
Fulbright IEA Seminars
The Fulbright International Education Administrators (IEA) Seminars helps U.S. international education professionals and senior higher education officials create empowering connections with societal, cultural, and higher education systems of other countries. Grantees spend 1.5 to 2 weeks traveling in country. Multiple program available in Asia and Europe.
Faculty and Staff Ambassadors Program
The Global Affairs Faculty and Staff Ambassadors Program connects UC Davis faculty and staff with partner institutions, alumni and supporters around the world. This is an opportunity for select UC Davis employees already planning international travel to extend their stay and, ultimately, be ambassadors for UC Davis – increasing the visibility of our international presence and creating meaningful connections worldwide.
UCEAP Academic Integration Grant
University of California Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) offers funding for departments to integrate study abroad programs and coursework into their curricula. Department teams receive funding to create projects that support making studying abroad more accessible for undergraduate students.
If you would like more information about professional development opportunities affiliated with Global Affairs or receive application assistance, please contact Brianne Holden.
Advisor Quick Links
- Access & Diversity Resources
- After Graduation
- Events Calendar
- Global & International Studies (GIS) Minor
Please direct students to reach out to the Global Learning Hub by emailing email@example.com or by calling (530) 752-5763.
We encourage advisors and staff across campus to reach out to us with any questions and/or to build collaboration. We aim to strengthen partnerships with advising teams across campus. If you are looking to reach out to the Global Learning Hub, please contact:
Global Learning Advising Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 752-7513