Engineering and Computer Science
- Dates – June 17–July 29, 2023
- Max Enrollment – 30
- Prerequisites – Yes
- Career Area – Engineering and Computer Science
Spend the summer in the dynamic, global city of Barcelona as an engineering or computer science intern. Placements are customized according to students’ experiences, career goals, interests and skills, and are available at large and small companies in a variety of both computer science and engineering fields—including software engineering, IT, biotechnology, mechanical, robotics, food, business of engineering, and more. You will have the opportunity to take an intensive Spanish course, explore Barcelona, and network with engineering and C.S. professionals and interns.
Limited placements will be available in the following engineering fields: civil, environmental, biomedical, chemical, electrical and aerospace. There are not limitations for other engineering and computer science fields. Check with the program coordinator regarding capacity prior to enrolling.
The global pandemic has changed the way some career fields approach daily work. Students may encounter a hybrid workplace where they will adopt schedules similar to their coworkers, such as some days in the office, some days working remotely, and experiences both in person and online.
- Program Coordinator – Karen Larke
- Instructor – Jennifer Mullin
- Gain real-world experience in the engineering or computer science field that interests you.
- Enjoy two day-long excursions (included) and optional cultural events taking place each week.
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.
Embrace Catalan lifestyle while living in this vibrant and lively international city.