UC Davis Study Abroad offers internships in many different types of programs. Eligibility requirements and the enrollment instructions may vary across program types. Please use the links below to find the enrollment instructions for the program you are interested in.
- UC Davis Summer Abroad Internships Enrollment
- UC Davis Virtual Summer Internships Enrollment
- UC Davis Quarter Abroad Enrollment
- UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) Enrollment
To be eligible to participate in a Summer Abroad Internships program, you must meet the following requirements from the date of enrollment through the program end date:
- Be 18 years or older;
- Have 15 accredited college units completed or in progress;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher;
- Be in good disciplinary standing; and
- Meet any program specific requirements or prerequisites (see individual program pages for details).
NOTE: If you have not fulfilled all of the eligibility requirements, please contact us to discuss your eligibility.
Students from the University of California (UC) system (includes Berkeley, Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz) and other US institutions are welcome to enroll in a Summer Abroad Internships program. Note: Non-UC students will be charged the non-UC rate for tuition. See your program's cost page for more information.
Summer Abroad Internship programs fill on a first-completed, first-reserved basis, so submit your enrollment early to secure your spot in one of our programs.
- Create a UC Davis Study Abroad Account.
- Fill out your profile with your programs of interest.
- Start your enrollment; available in early December for Summer Abroad Internships programs.
- Starting on January 10, 2024 at 9 a.m., complete all steps of the Enrollment section, pay your $300 non-refundable deposit, and submit your enrollment. The last day to enroll for open programs is February 15, 2024 at 5 p.m.
- Submit all post-enrollment requirements such as your Health Clearance and Passport Copy (you're encouraged to start the Health Clearance and Passport processes as soon as possible).
- Enrollment Information for Students from Other Campuses
- -Students from UC campuses and other US institutions who meet the eligibility requirements are welcome to enroll in Summer Abroad Internships programs.
-These students need to complete a Disciplinary Clearance form as part of the enrollment process. Additional details and instructions can be found within the online enrollment.
-Students will also be required to upload a current, unofficial transcript during the enrollment process.
- Prerequisite Information
- If you do not meet the prerequisites at the time of enrollment you will be required to complete a "Supplemental Contract." The Supplemental Contract is an agreement to complete the prerequisites prior to the program start date. Supplemental Contracts are sent after you submit your enrollment and it is processed by our staff, and will not affect your initial spot in the program.
- Information for Graduating Seniors
If you are currently scheduled to graduate at the end of spring quarter, you are still eligible to participate in a UC Davis Summer Abroad program if you meet all the eligibility requirements listed above. However, we recommend speaking with your college advisor about switching your graduation date from Spring to Summer. If you are eligible for Financial Aid, please also speak to the Financial Aid & Scholarships office about the financial implications of this decision. You can still participate in Spring Commencement, but with the summer graduation you would receive your diploma later, so we recommend you make sure this won’t be an issue with any post-graduation plans such as graduate school or employers.
Changing your graduation date to summer allows you to be: 1) billed as a “UC” student (instead of having to pay the higher, Non-UC rate for the course unit fee) and 2) considered for financial aid for your program.
If you do not change your graduation date to Summer and remain scheduled to graduate in spring, you will be charged with Non-UC tuition and be ineligible for any Financial Aid.
More information on graduation timelines and requirements.