The best way to achieve a healthy and safe study abroad experience is to inform yourself about basic health and safety issues before leaving the U.S., and to make informed, responsible and reasonable decisions once abroad.
- Carefully read all pre-departure materials;
- register your trip with the US Department of State;
- review State Department health and safety information for your specific country;
- become familiar with on-site emergency contacts and plans;
- stay abreast of local developments.