Education Internships in Thailand
Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Dates – August 4–September 10, 2023
- Max Enrollment – 16
- Prerequisites – No
- Career Area – Education
Spend five weeks as an education intern in Chiang Mai, a beloved destination in the north of Thailand. In traditional Thai temple schools, students will serve as teachers’ assistants, actively participating in teaching, mentoring, homework assistance, lesson prep and, in some cases, after-school activities. Internship placements are customized according to each student’s experiences, career goals, interests, and skills. Outside the classroom, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in Thailand’s culture and environment through planned excursions and optional visits to holy temples, street markets, national parks, and more. With its 700-year history and culture, Thailand offers an easygoing way of life, and students will enjoy mountain hikes, visiting hill tribe villages, taking Thai cooking classes, visiting an elephant sanctuary, and experiencing the kindness of the “Land of the Smiles.”
- Program Coordinator – Aspen Felt
- Instructor – Yuuko Tonkovich
- Earn education units while interning as a teacher’s assistant in a traditional Thai temple school that serves under-resourced students.
- Explore the “Land of the Smiles” on group excursions such as visiting an elephant sanctuary, hiking, and Thai cooking classes.
- Experience the laid-back lifestyle and ubiquitous kindness that Thailand is known for.
- Gain work experience and access to career and professional resources.