Psychology Internships in New Zealand
Intern in Auckland or Wellington gaining experience in the fields of psychology and social work in a rich multicultural environment. You will be matched with a placement that complements your academic and professional goals and interests. For Psychology interns, opportunities may include, but are not limited to, working within support services for youth and adults; engaging in community development and training programs; supporting advocacy for rural women and minority populations; and gaining experience in mental health policy. The program includes an extensive on-site orientation to help you learn about the community, your cohort, and your internship, as well as offers professional development and cultural activities.
Apart from work for the internship, you will also engage in an online course facilitated by a UC Davis faculty. The online coursework provides an opportunity for meaningful reflection during the program. You will spend approximately 32 hours per week at your internship and another two hours per week for the online course.
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities in an international workplace.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts.
- Tremendous opportunity to make cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries.
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.
What Students Are Saying
- "The most rewarding was the hands-on experience that I was able to reap. I also have a better understanding of the type of career that I want to pursue as a professional and what that would entail."
- "The internship gave great insight into the field of psychology. I received great advice from mentors and from accomplished researchers."