Psychology Internships in Spain
- Dates – June 18–July 30, 2024
- Max Enrollment – 20
- Prerequisites – Yes
- Career Area – Psychology
Intern in the Mediterranean metropolis of Barcelona with an individually tailored placement to work toward your career goals in psychology and social services. You will be matched with a placement that complements your academic and professional goals and interests. For Psychology interns, opportunities may include, but are not limited to, working with research projects relating to mental health or organizational psychology; youth psychology and social work; or non-profit organizations dedicated to defending, promoting and protecting human rights or that work with immigrants and at-risk youth and their families. The program includes a virtual pre-trip orientation (via Zoom) and an extensive on-site orientation to help you learn about the community, your cohort, and your internship, as well as professional development and cultural activities.
Apart from work for the internship, you will also engage in an online course facilitated by a UC Davis faculty. The online coursework provides an opportunity for meaningful reflection during the program. You will spend approximately 32-40 hours per week at your internship and another two hours per week for the online course.
- Intercultural communication opportunities in an international workplace.
- Opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts.
- Opportunity to make cultural, professional, and personal discoveries.
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- Résumé line item and interview talking point.