Psychology Internships in Spain
On this Summer Abroad program, you can:
- Earn 8 quarter units in 6 weeks.
- Enroll in UC Davis courses to fulfill degree, major, minor, or GE requirements as listed in the General Catalog.
- Earn academic credit while gaining valuable work experience.
Note to Non-UC Davis Students:
- Students from other campuses should consult with their home campus to determine whether courses may be used to fulfill their specific academic requirements.
- Semester students who will apply for Summer Financial Aid can get an additional unit to meet unit minimums for financial aid eligibility. Please contact Summer Abroad for additional information.
The above syllabus is representative of this program. The instructor provides a term-specific program syllabus to enrolled students. The program syllabus and schedule are subject to change at the discretion of the instructor.
You will enroll in the course set below. Expand the sections to view course descriptions. Auditing is not an option. UC Davis programs are academic programs so participants should expect a substantial amount of course work.
- Education Abroad (EAP) 192. Internship (6 units, Pass/No Pass grading only)
- Students will intern approximately 32 per week at their program site and will be able to apply for transcript notation through the UC Davis Internship and Career Center. May be repeated up to 12 unit(s).
- Psychology (PSC) 198. Directed Group Study: Psychology Internship Reflection (2 units, Pass/No Pass grading only)
- This 2-unit course is intended as a forum to connect the work students do at their internship to its broader social and cultural context. Through online discussions and assignments, students will have a community with whom to share they reflections and observations about their internship placements and to explore the significance of interning in an international context. Students are often asked to write reflective pieces. Assignments topic vary by program.
Along with the general eligibility requirements, Study Abroad will be enforcing the completion of the following prerequisites. For non-UC Davis students, the equivalent at your campus.
Please note that you will be required to submit proof of prerequisites waived when submitting your enrollment. Failure to complete unwaived prerequisites prior to program departure can result in administrative withdrawal and fees owed accordingly.
- Psychology Prerequisites
- Minimum of three upper division courses, excluding 190-199 courses (or equivalent as determined by the instructor) from any of the following departments: Psychology (PSC); Cognitive Science Program (CGS); Human Development (HDE); Neurobiology, Physiology, & Behavior (NPB); Sociology (SOC).
Students who have taken upper division research courses may only use one of those courses to count towards the three-course minimum.
Prerequisites can only be waived by individualized consent instructor; please contact the instructor if you wish to discuss this option.
- Spanish Language Prerequisites
- Completion of Spanish (SPA) 3 or equivalent before departure. This prerequisite can only be waived by individualized consent from the program coordinator; please contact the program coordinator if you wish to discuss this option. Students are required to be an independent user of the Spanish language. Many supervisors speak English, but you may also be working with people who do not speak English.
SPA 003 – Elementary Spanish (5) – Lecture/Discussion – 5 hour(s). Prerequisite(s): SPA 002 or SPA 002S or SPA 002V or SPA 002Y. Completion of grammar sequence and continuing practice of all language skills using cultural texts. Not open for credit for students who have completed equivalent SPA 003A, SPA 003V or SPA 003Y. GE credit: AH, WC.