Business and Communication Internships in Japan
Arrive Date: June 18, 2020 End Date: August 16, 2020
Intern in Japan’s vibrant and bustling capital, where traditional blends with ultramodern. As a global leader in technological advancements and the world’s most populous metropolis, Tokyo is an ideal setting to gain international, professional experience. Placements are customized according to students’ experience, career goals, interests and skills and are available in a wide variety of fields including accounting, sales, PR, finance, advertising, communication, marketing, web design, hospitality and tourism, and more.
Students will intern approximately 32 - 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday and should expect to dedicate additional hours per week for the online course facilitated by a UC Davis instructor. Other program components include a week-long Japanese language course at the beginning of the program, excursions, networking parties and an on-site orientation to help student integrate into the city, their cohort and their internship.
Taught in: English (course taught remotely)
Max Enrollment: 25
Program Coordinator: Aspen Felt
Education Abroad Program (EAP) 192. Internship (6 units)
Students will be able to apply for transcript notation through the UC Davis Internship and Career Center.
University Writing Program (UWP) 198. Writing for Internships (2 units, P/NP)
Students will participate in a professional internship for ~32 hours per week. Internship details, placement information, and sample internships.
Eligibility & Prerequisites
This program is open to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities in an international workplace.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts.
- Tremendous opportunity to make exciting cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries.
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.
- Perspectives in Global Management (Summer Abroad)
- Statistics for Business and Economics (Summer Abroad)
- Business and Communication Internships in New Zealand (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Business and Communication Internships in Hong Kong (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Business and Communication Internships in the Czech Republic (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Other Programs in Economics
- Other Programs in Communication