Wildlife, Conservation, and Veterinary Medicine Internships in Thailand
This five-week program, in partnership with Loop Abroad, provides first-hand animal experience in a variety of settings while allowing you to gain in-depth knowledge working with Thai and Loop Abroad veterinarians in a cross-cultural context. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with a vet for two weeks at a zoo in Chiang Mai and for two weeks at a small animal clinic based within an elephant sanctuary outside the city. You will also spend one week studying and volunteering with elephants at the elephant sanctuary. This program includes 35-40 internship hours per week (both veterinary experience and animal experience hours). Take advantage of this amazing opportunity to explore Thai culture while learning hands-on veterinary, conservation, and animal science skills.
Students will participate in a professional internship for 35-40 hours per week. Please see Placements tab for more internship details.
- Learn directly alongside experienced veterinarians
- Gain and practice small animal clinical skills
- Feed, study, and care for rescued elephants
- Work with local staff at locally-owned and operated conservation projects
- Open to students from all majors. No language requirement
- Wildlife, Conservation, and Veterinary Medicine Internship in Australia (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Other Animal and Vet Science Summer Abroad Internships
- Other Programs in Wildlife, Fish and Conservation Biology
- Other Programs in Animal Biology
- Other Programs in Animal Science
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities