Wildlife, Conservation, and Veterinary Medicine Internships in Thailand
On this Summer Abroad Program, you can:
- Earn 6 quarter units in 5 weeks
- Enroll in UC Davis courses to fulfill degree, major, minor, or GE requirements as listed in the General Catalog
- Earn academic credit while gaining valuable work experience
Note to Non-UC Davis Students:
- Students from other campuses should consult with their home campus to determine whether courses may be used to fulfill their specific academic requirements
- Semester students who will apply for Summer Financial Aid can get an additional unit to meet unit minimums for financial aid eligibility. Please contact Summer Abroad for additional information.
You will enroll in the course set below. Expand the sections to view course descriptions. Auditing is not an option. UC Davis programs are academic programs so participants should expect a substantial amount of course work.
- Medicine and Epidemiology (VME) 198. Directed Group Study: Internship Reflection (2 Units)
- This 2-unit course is intended as a forum to connect the work students do at their internship to its broader social and cultural context. Through online discussions, students will have a community with whom to share their reflections and observations about their internship and to explore the significance of interning in an international context. This course includes participation on excursions and tours and attendance to guest lectures. Students are often asked to write reflective pieces. Assignment topics vary by program.
- Education Abroad (EAP) 192. Internship (4 units, P/NP)
- Students will intern 35-40 hours per week at their program site and will be able to apply for transcript notation through the UC Davis Internship and Career Center.
No prerequisites are enforced for this program beyond the general eligibility requirements.