Quarter Abroad LSE - Travel

UC Davis Study Abroad, Quarter Abroad UK, Political Science at the London School of Economics Program, Header Image

Political Science at the London School of Economics

Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to the program site. Instructions for making flight arrangements will be sent to students via email after the program reaches minimum enrollment or within a week after the enrollment deadline. Detailed information about housing at the program location will be available only to enrolled students in their Program-Specific Guide, which will be found in their Quarter Abroad account and/or in the program’s Smartsite.

If you fly to London, you may choose a flight to either Heathrow Airport or Gatwick Airport:

Entry Requirements for U.S. Citizens

You will be granted a Student Visitor Visa at your time of arrival in the UK. Instructions will be provided in the coming months from your Program Coordinator. Please note: US citizens can receive the student visitor visa at the time of arrival into the UK, but non-US citizens may require extra steps. Contact your Program Coordinator immediately for further instructions if this applies to you.

A passport is required for this program.

Entry Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens

Non-U.S. citizens should check for visa and other entry requirements by contacting the embassy of their travel destination(s) (see links below). Participants are responsible for obtaining their own visa. Quarter Abroad will supply a verification of enrollment letter for non-U.S. citizens upon request. Non-U.S. citizens should notify their Program Coordinator of their citizenship immediately upon selection to the program.

International students in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa interested in studying abroad, should ensure the US visa in their passport has at least 90 days validity remaining whenever they travel abroad. If the US visa expires or is about to expire (even if the I-20 is current), students may be required to apply for the visa to their study abroad country in their home country.

Embassies and Consulates

British Embassy in Washington, D.C.