To be eligible to participate in a Quarter Abroad program, you must meet the following requirements from the date of enrollment through the program end date:
- Be a registered student at a University of California (UC) campus;
- Be in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.0 or above;
- Be in good disciplinary standing; and
- Meet any program specific requirements or prerequisites (see individual program pages for details).
NOTE: If you have not fulfilled all of the program prerequisites, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your eligibility. UC Davis Quarter Abroad is open to UC students ONLY. Students enrolled at other non-UC colleges or universities can participate in UC Davis Summer Abroad and UC Davis Summer Abroad Internships programs.
How to Enroll
Quarter Abroad programs fill on a first-completed, first reserved basis, so submit your enrollment early to secure your spot in one of our programs.
- Create a UC Davis Study Abroad account.
- Fill out your profile with your programs of interest.
- Start gathering enrollment materials such as your Health Clearance and Passport Copy.
- Start your enrollment; available in early September for Quarter Abroad Spring programs and early December for Quarter Abroad Fall programs.
- Double check that any upload documents are correctly attached and your enrollment is complete.
- Starting on January 6, 2021 (for Fall 2021 programs) or TBD (for Spring 2022 program), complete all steps of the Enrollment section, pay your $300 deposit, and submit your enrollment. The last day to enroll for open programs is April 2, 2021 (for Fall 2021 programs) or TBD (for Spring 2022 program).
Enrollment Information for Students from Other UC Campuses
Students from other UC Campuses who meet the eligibility requirements are welcome to enroll in Quarter Abroad programs. These students need to complete two additional documents as part of the enrollment process. Additional details and instructions can be found within the online enrollment.
- Intercampus Visitor Form (allows UC students to enroll at a different UC for one quarter if they meet the eligibility requirements and receive the required signatures and approvals from their home campus and host campus)
- Disciplinary Clearance Form
You can find more information on enrollment and other important subjects in the Study Abroad Student Handbook and Quarter Abroad Guide. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns.