Quarter Abroad Enrollment
To be eligible to participate in a Quarter Abroad program, you must meet the following requirements from the date of enrollment through the program end date:
- Be 18 years or older;
- Be a registered student at UC Davis;
- Be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above;
- Be in good disciplinary standing; and
- Meet any program specific requirements or prerequisites (see individual program pages for details).
NOTE: If you have not fulfilled all of the program prerequisites, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your eligibility. UC Davis Summer Abroad, UC Davis Summer Abroad Internships, and UC Davis Virtual Summer Internships programs are open to UC students and beyond.
Quarter Abroad programs fill on a first-completed, first reserved basis, so submit your enrollment early to secure your spot in one of our programs.
- Create a UC Davis Study Abroad account.
- Fill out your profile with your programs of interest.
- Start your enrollment; available in early December for Quarter Abroad Fall programs.
- Starting on January 10, 2024 at 9 a.m. (for Fall 2024 programs), complete all steps of the Enrollment section, pay your $300 deposit, and submit your enrollment. The last day to enroll for open programs is April 11, 2024 at 5 p.m. (for Fall 2024 programs).
- Submit all post-enrollment requirements such as your Health Clearance and Passport Copy (you're encouraged to start the Health Clearance and Passport processes as soon as possible).
- Absence from UC Davis in quarter prior to Quarter Abroad Program
Contact the Office of the University Registrar and Study Abroad immediately if you plan to PELP (Planned Education Leave Program) or to take a leave of absence in the quarter prior to your departure. In order to maintain your status as a UC Davis student you will need to become familiar with the campus leave of absence policy and PELP forms. You may not be on PELP status while on UC Davis Quarter Abroad.
If you are not enrolled or present at UC Davis in the quarter prior to your participation in a Quarter Abroad program, it is your responsibility to be in contact with the Faculty Leader and the program coordinator regarding all pre-trip meetings, deadlines, materials, etc.
If you do not meet the prerequisites at the time of enrollment you will be required to complete a "Supplemental Contract." The Supplemental Contract is an agreement to complete the prerequisites prior to the program start date. Supplemental Contracts are sent after you submit your enrollment and it is processed by our staff, and will not affect your initial spot in the program.