When submitting your enrollment you must include ONE of the following:
- A photocopy of your valid passport must be submitted with your UC Davis Quarter Abroad enrollment. Your passport must remain valid for six (6) months after the day you plan to return from the program.
- Submit a receipt as proof that you have applied for a passport. Please note that you will be required to upload a copy of your passport to your enrollment when you receive it. For more information on getting a passport, please visit the U.S. State Department website or UC Davis ARC Business Office.
All students enrolling in a Quarter Abroad program must complete the Health Clearance process. You will need to upload this in your Study Abroad account with the rest of your enrollment materials.
IMPORTANT: Health clearances are valid for one year after the form is signed and must remain valid through the end date of your program. Because getting a health clearance can take time, students are encouraged to begin the process as soon as they have determined their destination. Please follow the instructions below.
Option 1: Via UC Davis Student Health and Counseling Services (UC Davis Students ONLY)
All UC Davis students have the option of using the Student Health and Counseling Services to obtain a health clearance.*
If you go through UC Davis Student Health and Counseling Services, you are required to complete one clearance for each program you plan on enrolling in. If you submit two Health-e-Messaging questionnaires within a span of three months, you will not be charged for your second clearance. After three months and/or two programs, you will be charged for additional clearances. If you are planning to go to more than one travel clinic country (see below), you will need to attend one travel clinic appointment for each travel clinic country.
- Click here to see the online steps...
1. Log into Health-e-Messaging through the Student Health and Counseling Services website using your UC Davis login ID and Kerberos passphrase.
2. Enter your UC Davis Student ID number.
3. Click "Messages" on the Health-e-Messaging homepage
4. Click "New Message" near the top of the Messages page.
5. Select “Student Health Services (Medical Services)” and click “Continue."
6. Select "Travel Clearance" and click "Continue."
7. Respond to Travel Clinic Country question and click "Continue."
a) If yes, answer whether or not you have completed a Travel Clinic appointment in the last 30 days and click "Continue."
b) If no, continue answering questions below.
8. Select "UC Davis Faculty-led Programs" and click "Continue."
9. Follow the instructions to complete the Travel Abroad Health Screening Questionnaire.
10. Follow the instructions below based on the country you will be traveling to (Travel Clinic Country OR Non-Travel Clinic Country):
If you are traveling to a Travel Clinic Country [Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China (does not include Hong Kong or Taiwan), Costa Rica, Cuba, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, French Polynesia (Morea), Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Lebanon, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Nicaragua, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam]:
You will receive an email informing you that Student Health and Counseling Services will contact you to schedule an in-person Travel Clinic Appointment. Save this email as a PDF and upload it to your UC Davis Study Abroad Account with your enrollment in lieu of your Health Clearance. Note: You will be required to upload your final Health Clearance after your in-person Travel Clinic appointment.
If you are traveling to a Non-Travel Clinic Country
You will immediately receive an email letting you know that your Travel Abroad Health Screening Questionnaire has been received but not processed yet - you CANNOT submit this initial email with your enrollment.
Within two weeks of submitting your Travel Abroad Health Screening Questionnaire you will receive an email via Health-e-Messaging confirming that your information has been reviewed and you have been cleared for travel - this is your health clearance and what you need for your enrollment. Upload a PDF copy of the entire email, including the physician's statement of clearance as well as the completed Travel Abroad Health Screening Questionnaire answers below.
*If you waived Davis SHIP insurance by providing proof of private health insurance, you will be charged the full cost of any recommended vaccinations or travel medications; therefore you may want to seek these services from your primary care physician.
- Instructions for Health Clearance Upload from UC Davis “Health-e-Messaging”
1. View your Health Clearance (the SECOND email you receive*)
2. Click the print button in the right hand corner of the Health-e-Messaging system.
3. Select destination as "save as PDF."
4. Select a location to save your health clearance
5. For "File name" enter the following pattern: “Last name_First Name_HealthClearance”
6. For "Save as type" select "PDF" from the dropdown option
7. Click “Save”
8. Upload your health clearance to your enrollment
*If you are traveling to a Travel Clinic Country, please upload the FIRST email you receive which is proof that you have started the Travel Clinic process and will be going to a Travel Clinic appointment. After you attend your Travel Clinic appointment, you will receive another email from Student Health and Counseling Services clearing you for travel (this is your health clearance). You must upload your health clearance no later than the deadline specified in your enrollment.
Option 2: Via Private Health Care Provider or Home Campus Health Center
UC Davis Students
If you are a UC Davis student with private health insurance (i.e. you submitted a UC SHIP waiver and receive health insurance from a private health care provider), you may choose to see your physician to complete the Health Clearance process. To do this, see instructions for Non-UC Davis students below.
If you are a non-UC Davis student, you may see your private physician or your home campus health center to complete the Health Clearance process. In order to do this, please download and print the Health Clearance Form. Fill out the student section of the form and take it with you to your appointment. The Health Clearance is a fillable PDF. Save a copy of the Health Clearance to your computer prior to entering your information to make sure your information saves. You can then print the form and take it to see your specialist (if applicable) and physician. Your physician will review the information with you, talk to you about travel health issues, provide you with the required immunizations for your destination and clear you for travel by signing the last page of the Health Clearance Form. It is your responsibility to upload this form to your enrollment.
For information on immunization requirements, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)'s website. Your doctor will recommend any immunizations you may need.
- Appointment Card Option (for Travel Clinic Countries only)
- UC Davis and Non-UC Davis students may submit a copy of their Travel Clinic appointment card from their private health care provider or home campus health center if traveling to a travel clinic country. Note: You will be required to upload your final health clearance after your in-person appointment by the health clearance deadline.
Travel clinic countries: Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China (does not include Hong Kong or Taiwan), Costa Rica, Cuba, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, French Polynesia (Morea), Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Lebanon, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Nicaragua, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam.