Quarter Abroad London - Travel

UC Davis Study Abroad, Quarter Abroad UK, British Culture & Internships in London Program, Header Image, Travel Page

Internships and Culture in London

Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to the program site. Instructions for making flight arrangements will be sent to students via email within a week after the enrollment deadline. Detailed information about housing at the program location will be available only to enrolled students in their Program-Specific Guide, which will be sent via email through the program’s Listserv.

Notes on Travel to Your Destination

Students will need to apply on their own for a pre-entry visa to be able to complete an internship in the UK. Students will need to obtain the visa before their arrival in the UK. The visa costs around $550 (listed within estimated personal expenses on the budget). To apply, students will submit an application online, send their application materials to a British Consulate, and will need to visit a British Consulate in order to provide biometric data (digital photo and fingerprints). A step-by-step guide to this process will be provided and explained to all participants via email.

Entry Requirements for U.S. Citizens

A passport is required for this program.

A foreign visa is required for this program. Please be advised that you should not plan to travel prior to the program as you must surrender your passport in order to obtain a visa.  After the enrollment period ends, your Program Coordinator will contact you with more details regarding visa requirements.

Entry Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens

A passport is required for this program.

Non-U.S. citizens should check for visa and other entry requirements by contacting the consulate of their travel destination(s) (see link below). If required, participants are responsible for obtaining their own visa. Quarter Abroad will supply a verification of enrollment or other necessary documents for non-U.S. citizens upon request.

International students in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa interested in studying abroad should ensure the U.S. visa in their passport has at least 90 days validity remaining whenever they travel abroad. If the US visa expires or is about to expire (even if the I-20 is current), students may be required to apply for the visa to their study abroad country in their home country.

Non-US citizens unable to gain access to the study abroad country will be subject to cancellation fees as shown in the cancellation schedule. For this reason, international students are highly encouraged to research entry to their destination country well in advance, and before enrolling in the program if possible.

Embassies and Consulates

British Embassy in Washington, D.C.