Summer Internships in London - Travel

UC Davis Study Abroad, Summer Internship Abroad UK, Psychology Program, Header Image, Travel Page

Psychology Internships in London

Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to the program site. Instructions for making flight arrangements and how to arrive to the program site will be provided by Global Experiences once students have their placements confirmed.

Notes on Travel to Your Destination

Students will need to apply on their own for the Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Exchange visa (Tier 5). Students will need to obtain the visa before their arrival in the UK and must have their internship confirmed in order to apply for the visa. A step-by-step guide to this process will be provided.

The Visa costs around $1700 (included within estimated personal expenses on the budget), depending on level of priority processing. To apply, students will submit an application online, send their application materials to a British Consulate, and will need to visit a British Consulate in order to provide biometric data.

Participants intending to participate in another study, intern or travel program beforehand or afterward, are responsible for their visa situation. Summer Abroad can provide a verification of enrollment letter when requested. 

Entry Requirements for U.S. Citizens

A valid passport is required for this program.

The Tier 5 visa described above is required for this program. Please be advised that you should not plan to travel prior to the program as you must surrender your passport in order to obtain a visa. Your program coordinator will provided you with information regarding visa requirements.

Entry Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens

A valid passport is required for this program.

Non-U.S. citizens should check for visa and other entry requirements via the consulate of their travel destination(s) (see links below). Participants are responsible for obtaining their own visa. Summer Abroad will supply a verification of enrollment or other necessary documents for non-U.S. citizens upon request.

International students in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa interested in studying abroad should ensure the U.S. visa in their passport has at least 90 days validity remaining whenever they travel abroad. If the U.S. visa expires or is about to expire (even if the I-20 is current), students may be required to apply for the visa to their study abroad country in their home country.

Non-U.S. citizens unable to gain access to the study abroad country will be subject to cancellation fees as shown in the cancellation schedule. For this reason, international students are highly encouraged to research entry to their destination country well in advance, and before enrolling in the program.

Embassies and Consulates