Business and Communication Internships in Hong Kong
Arrive Date: 2021 (TBD) End Date: 2021 (TBD)
Business and Communication Internships in Hong Kong provide a comprehensive academic, professional and cultural experience in one of the economic and cultural hubs of Asia, where English is the language of business. Participants have the opportunity to gain marketable skills while learning about professional life in an international context. Opportunities are available in Accounting, Finance, Advertising, Communication, Marketing, Public relations, International trade, Logistics, Hospitality and Tourism, and more. Host companies range from small start-ups to large global organizations.
Students can expect to spend 4 to 5 days per week at their internship and to dedicate another 8 hours per week to the online course facilitated by a UC Davis instructor. Other program components may include weekly discussion groups, small group activities and a range of events to help students integrate into the city, their cohort and their internship.
Taught in: English (course taught remotely)
Total Max Enrollment: 21
Program Coordinator: Aspen Felt
Education Abroad Program (EAP) 192. Internship (6 units)
University Writing Program (UWP) 198. Writing for Internships (2 units, P/NP)
Students will participate in a professional internship for ~32 hours per week. Internship details, placement information, and sample internships.
All participants will be required to apply for a training visa. The following restrictions apply:
- Nationals from Afghanistan, Cambodia, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam, are NOT eligible to intern in Hong Kong.
- Students from mainland China must have studied in the U.S. at the college or university level for at least two years at time of internship and plan to return to their studies in the U.S. at the conclusion of the internship period.
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities in an international workplace.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts.
- Tremendous opportunity to make exciting cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries.
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.
- Perspectives in Global Management (Summer Abroad)
- Statistics for Business and Economics (Summer Abroad)
- Business and Communication Internships in New Zealand (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Business and Communication Internships in the Czech Republic (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Business and Communication Internships in Japan (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Other Programs in Economics
- Other Programs in Communication