Summer Internships in Hong Kong - Travel

UC Davis Study Abroad, Summer Internship Abroad Hong Kong, Business and Communication Program, Header Image, Courses Page

Business and Communication Internships in Hong Kong

Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to the program site. Instructions for making flight arrangements will be sent to students once internship placement is confirmed.

Entry Requirements

A foreign visa is required for this program.

A passport is required for this program.

All students, including US passport holders are required to obtain a training visa for the internship program in Hong Kong. You will receive the training visa application and instructions once you are enrolled and will be responsible for obtaining the visa with support and guidance from AIC, UC Davis Study Abroad’s program partner.

The following restrictions apply:

  • Nationals from Afghanistan, Cambodia, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam, are NOT eligible to intern in Hong Kong.
  • Students from mainland China must have studied in the U.S. for at least two years at time of internship and plan to return to their studies in the U.S. at the conclusion of the internship period. 

Additional restrictions and requirements may apply. See The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region website for full eligibility requirements.

Non-U.S. citizens should check for visa and other entry requirements by contacting the consulate of their travel destination(s) (see links below). Participants are responsible for obtaining their own visa. Summer Abroad will supply a verification of enrollment or other necessary documents for non-U.S. citizens upon request.

International students in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa interested in studying abroad, should ensure the US visa in their passport has at least 90 days validity remaining whenever they travel abroad. If the US visa expires or is about to expire (even if the I-20 is current), students may be required to apply for the visa to their study abroad country in their home country.

Non-US citizens unable to gain access to the study abroad country will be subject to cancellation fees as shown in the cancellation schedule. For this reason, international students are highly encouraged to research entry to their destination country well in advance, and before enrolling in the program if possible.

Embassies and Consulates