Environment, Green Tech, and Sustainability
On this Summer Abroad program, you can:
- Earn 8 quarter units in 6 weeks.
- Enroll in UC Davis courses to fulfill degree, major, minor, or GE requirements as listed in the General Catalog.
- Earn academic credit while gaining valuable international work experience.
Note to Non-UC Davis Students:
- Students from other campuses should consult with their home campus to determine whether courses may be used to fulfill their specific academic requirements.
- Semester students who will apply for Summer Financial Aid can get an additional unit to meet unit minimums for financial aid eligibility. Please contact Summer Abroad for additional information.
The above syllabus is representative of this program. The instructor provides a term-specific program syllabus to enrolled students. The program syllabus and schedule are subject to change at the discretion of the instructor.
You will enroll in the course set below. Expand the sections to view course descriptions. Auditing is not an option. UC Davis programs are academic programs so participants should expect a substantial amount of course work.
- Education Abroad (EAP) 192. Internship (6 units, Pass/No Pass grading only)
- Students will intern approximately 32-40 hours per week at their program site and will be able to obtain transcript notation through the UC Davis Internship and Career Center. May be repeated up to 12 unit(s).
- University Writing Program (UWP) 198. Directed Group Study (2 units, Pass/No Pass grading only)
- This 2-unit course is intended as a forum to connect the work students do at their internship to its broader social and cultural context. Through online discussions and assignments, students will have a community with whom to share their reflections and observations about their internship placements and to explore the significance of interning in an international context. Students may be asked to write reflective pieces. Assignment topics vary by program. May be repeated up to 10 unit(s). GE credit: AH, WE.
No prerequisites are enforced for this program beyond the general eligibility requirements.