Quarter Abroad Taiwan - Travel

UC Davis Study Abroad, Pharmaceutical Chemistry in Taipei Program, Header Image

Pharmaceutical Chemistry in Taiwan

Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to the program site. Instructions for making flight arrangements will be emailed to students within a week after the enrollment deadline. Detailed information about housing at the program location will be available only to enrolled students in their Program-Specific Guide, which will be sent via email through the program’s list serv.

Notes on Travel to Your Destination

Please refer to the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) website for up-to-date information regarding visa regulations. As of January 3, 2019, students traveling on a US passport are eligible for visa-exempt entry, meaning US citizens may stay in Taiwan for up to 90 days as a tourist, and will not need to apply for a visa. All students should enter Taiwan as tourists.

Although students stay onsite at Academia Sinica, the coursework is taught through UC Davis, and as such, program participants will not apply for a student visa.

Students must have a printed roundtrip flight on hand upon entry to Taiwan (or other proof that you will leave Taiwan within 90 days).

If you have a criminal record, contact the program coordinator as soon as possible as this may impact your ability to enter Taiwan under the visa-exempt program.

Entry Requirements for U.S. Citizens

A passport is required for this program.

A foreign visa is not required for this program. Please be advised that students are only permitted to stay in Taiwan for up to 90 days. Should you wish to extend your stay for longer, you may be required to apply for a visa independently of the program.

Entry Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens

A passport is required for this program.

Non-U.S. citizens should check for visa and other entry requirements by contacting the consulate of their travel destination(s) (see link below). If required, participants are responsible for obtaining their own visa. Quarter Abroad will supply a verification of enrollment or other necessary documents for non-U.S. citizens upon request.

International students in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa interested in studying abroad should ensure the U.S. visa in their passport has at least 90 days validity remaining whenever they travel abroad. If the US visa expires or is about to expire (even if the I-20 is current), students may be required to apply for the visa to their study abroad country in their home country.

Non-US citizens unable to gain access to the study abroad country will be subject to cancellation fees as shown in the cancellation schedule. For this reason, international students are highly encouraged to research entry to their destination country well in advance, and before enrolling in the program if possible.

Embassies and Consulates