Virtual – Counseling & Humanitarian Action (Jordan)
This six-week virtual internship and seminar will focus on the role of local and community-based organizations and international aid organizations in responding to the refugee crisis in Jordan. You will assist local and international relief efforts by interning at an organization providing services to refugees and vulnerable communities in Jordan such as the Rescue Committee, Save the Children, the Institute for Family Health, and the Jordanian Hashemite Fund for Human Development. You’ll learn about the objectives, priorities, standards, and procedures of humanitarian health responses during emergency and post-emergency phases of humanitarian crises.
The seminar starts with training modules to prepare and support you in your internship. Each week you will participate in reflection and discussion sessions, in addition to writing and presentation assignments.
This program is provided by SIT Study Abroad, a non-profit, international organization focusing on critical global issues around the world.
- Gain valuable practical experience in humanitarian aid and psycho-social support.
- Contribute to the work of important health or social justice organizations.
- Enhance your skills using digital tools and accomplishing remote-based work.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in global contexts.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.