Virtual – Engineering and Computer Science
- Dates – June 19–August 11, 2023
- Max Enrollment – 25
- Prerequisites – No
- Career Area – Engineering and Computer Science
Gain real work experience related to your career goals while interning remotely for a vetted company based in many locations around the globe (e.g., Argentina, China, Ireland, Japan, Kenya, Nepal, South Africa, Spain, etc.). You will be matched with a placement that complements your academic and professional goals, interests, and skills. Opportunities may include, but are not limited to, internships in biochemical, biomedical, chemical, civil, electrical, environmental, materials science, and mechanical engineering; IT; computer science and more. The program includes pre-program preparation to assist you in best practices for remote work and international workspaces, as well as support throughout the internship.
Apart from work for the internship, you will also engage in an online course facilitated by a UC Davis faculty. The online coursework provides an opportunity for meaningful reflection during the program. You will spend 20-30 hours per week at your internship and an additional two hours per week for the online course.
- Program Coordinator – Glynis Kincaid
- Instructor – Melissa Bender
- Enhance your skills using digital tools and accomplishing remote-based work.
- Outstanding resume line item and interview talking point.
- Demonstrate initiative and independence to future employers by completing global, project-based assignments.
- Develop a global network and internationalize your LinkedIn profile.
- Receive ongoing support from your program coordinator as well as mentoring via Connect-123’s career development program.