Virtual – Social Impact and Public Health
- Dates – June 17–August 9, 2024
- Max Enrollment – 25
- Prerequisites – No
- Career Area – Social Impact and Public Health
Gain real work experience related to your career goals while interning remotely for a vetted company based in many locations around the globe (e.g., Argentina, China, Ireland, Japan, Kenya, Nepal, South Africa, Spain, etc.). You will be matched with a placement that complements your academic and professional goals and interests. Opportunities may include, but are not limited to, internships in green tech, sustainability, environment, social entrepreneurship, green business, energy policy, energy science and more. The program includes pre-program preparation to assist you in best practices for remote work and international workspaces, as well as support throughout the internship.
Apart from work for the internship, you will also engage in an online course facilitated by a UC Davis faculty. The online coursework provides an opportunity for meaningful reflection during the program. You will spend 20-30 hours per week at your internship and an additional two hours per week for the online course.
- Program Coordinator – TBD
- Instructor – Melissa Bender
- Enhance your skills by using digital tools and accomplishing remote-based work.
- Outstanding resume line item and interview talking point.
- Demonstrate initiative and independence to future employers by completing global, project-based assignments.
- Opportunity to develop a global network and internationalize your LinkedIn profile.
- Receive ongoing support from your Program Coordinator as well as mentoring via Connect-123’s career development program.
- Business and Communication Internships (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Global Health Internships (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Education Internships (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Latinx Health Internship in Oaxaca (Quarter Abroad)
- Search other Virtual Global Learning Opportunities
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities