Virtual – Social Impact and Public Health
On this UC Davis Virtual Summer Internship program, you can:
- Earn 6 quarter units in 8 weeks.
- Enroll in UC Davis courses to fulfill degree, major, minor, or GE requirements as listed in the General Catalog.
- Earn academic credit while gaining valuable work experience.
Note to Non-UC Davis Students:
- Students from other campuses should consult with their home campus to determine whether courses may be used to fulfill their specific academic requirements.
- Semester students who will apply for Summer Financial Aid can get additional units to meet unit minimums for financial aid eligibility. Please contact Summer Abroad for additional information.
University Writing Program (UWP) 198 – Draft Syllabus (PDF)
The program syllabus is subject to change at the discretion of the instructor.
The above syllabus is representative of this program. The instructor provides a term-specific program syllabus to enrolled students. The program syllabus and schedule are subject to change at the discretion of the instructor. You are expected to fully participate in courses and the internship. Taking additional courses or working while participating in your internship is highly discouraged.
- Education Abroad Program (EAP) 192. Internship (4 units, Pass/No Pass grading only)
- Students will intern approximately 20-30 hours per week at their host company and will be able to apply for transcript notation through the UC Davis Internship and Career Center. May be repeated up to 12 unit(s).
- University Writing Program (UWP) 198. Directed Group Study (2 units, Pass/No Pass grading only)
This 2-unit online course is intended as a forum to connect the work students do at their internship to its broader social and cultural context. Through online discussions and assignments, students will have a community with whom to share their reflections and observations about their internship placements and to explore the significance of interning in an international context. Students are often asked to write reflective pieces. Assignments and topics vary by program. May be repeated up to 10 unit(s). GE credit: AH, WE.
No prerequisites are enforced for this program beyond the general eligibility requirements.