Virtual – Design and Fashion (Worldwide)
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- Location – Virtual, Worldwide
- Dates – June 21 - August 13, 2021
- Max Enrollment – 50
- Prerequisites – No
- Career Area – Design
This eight-week, individual project-based virtual internship allows you to gain work experience with a vetted company based in another country. You will also develop your cross-cultural communication skills while expanding your global network. Custom placements (20-30 hours per week) are based on your experience, career goals, interests and skills and are guaranteed in the career field of “design and fashion”. Placements are available with host companies from around the world with the majority based in China, Japan, India, South Korea, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Spain, Israel, Australia and Singapore.
In addition to your internship hours, you will also engage in an online course facilitated by a UC Davis instructor to reflect on your goals, achievements and skill development. You also will be provided access to career development resources and workshops.
- Gain relevant work experience and learn to communicate on an international team.
- Demonstrate initiative and independence to future employers by completing global, project-based assignments.
- Enhance your skills using digital tools/platforms.
- Take advantage of CareerBridge, a global internship course based on the NACE Career Readiness Competencies.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.