Summer Internships in Australia - Travel

UC Davis Study Abroad, Summer Internship Abroad Australia, Engineering in Sydney Program, Header Image, Travel Page

Engineering and Computer Science Internships in Australia

Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to the program site. Instructions for making flight arrangements will be sent to students via email after the program reaches minimum enrollment or within a week after the enrollment deadline. Instructions on how to get to the program accommodations will be available to enrolled students in their Program Specific Guide (PSG). The PSG will available by May through enrolled students’ Study Abroad Account and sent via email to the program listserv.

Entry Requirements for U.S. Citizens

A passport is required for this program.

A Working Holiday Visa is required for this program. Information about the visa process will be sent to enrolled students. Before enrolling in this program, please be sure that you meet the requirements for this visa.

Participants with U.S. Citizenship will be required to apply for and acquire a work and holiday visa (subclass 462) in order to participate in this program. To be eligible for this visa, you must:

  • be between the ages of 18-30;
  • not have entered Australia previously on a work and holiday visa (subclass 462); 
  • be a U.S. citizen and hold a valid passport.

Entry Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens

A Working Holiday Visa is required for this program.

The work and holiday visa 462 has strict caps for each country and grants a limited number of visas each year.

Due to the limited number of visas granted each year, the timeline of applications (opening June 30th each year), and our program start dates, we are strongly recommending that students from this list of countries (except the U.S.) participate in a different internship or study abroad program. Historically, students from countries with visa caps have been unsuccessful in acquiring the 462 visa in time for the program start.

All participants are responsible for obtaining their own visa. Summer Abroad will supply a verification of enrollment or other necessary documents for non-U.S. citizens upon request.

International students in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa interested in studying abroad should ensure the US visa in their passport has at least 90 days validity remaining whenever they travel abroad. If the US visa expires or is about to expire (even if the I-20 is current), students may be required to apply for the visa to their study abroad country in their home country.

Non-US citizens unable to gain access to the study abroad country will be subject to cancellation fees as shown in the cancellation schedule. For this reason, international students are highly encouraged to research entry to their destination country well in advance, and before enrolling in the program if possible.

Embassies and Consulates

Australian Embassy in Washington, D.C.