Quarter Abroad Taiwan - Travel

UC Davis Study Abroad, Summer Abroad Taiwan, Pharmaceutical Chemistry in Taipei Program, Header Image, Travel Page

Pharmaceutical Chemistry in Taipei

Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to the program site. Instructions for making flight arrangements will be sent to students via email after the program reaches minimum enrollment or within a week after the enrollment deadline. Detailed information about housing at the program location will be available only to enrolled students in their Program-Specific Guide, which will be found in their Quarter Abroad account and/or in the program’s Smartsite.

Notes on Travel to Your Destination

After the enrollment period concludes, enrolled students will be given a special letter to accompany their visa application for a "Visitor Visa" that they will submit to the Taiwan Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in San Francisco.  Students will be assisted with this process in approximately January or February.  Students who are not US citizens will also be assisted by Quarter Abroad at the appropriate time for submitting their "visitor visa" application. While Quarter Abroad will offer visa application assistance, each student will be responsible for going to the TECO office to get their visa.

Entry Requirements for U.S. Citizens

A foreign visa is required for this program. Please be advised that you should not plan to travel prior to the program as you must surrender your passport in order to obtain a visa.

A passport is required for this program.

After selection, your Program Coordinator will contact you regarding visa requirements.

Entry Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens

Non-U.S. citizens should check for visa and other entry requirements by contacting the embassy of their travel destination(s) (see links below). Participants are responsible for obtaining their own visa. Quarter Abroad will supply a verification of enrollment letter for non-U.S. citizens upon request. Non-U.S. citizens should notify their Program Coordinator of their citizenship immediately upon selection to the program.

A passport is required for this program.

Embassies and Consulates