Australian Internships and Writing in Sydney
Arrive Date: September 19, 2019 End Date: November 30, 2019
Spend Fall Quarter in Southern Hemisphere summer! As part of the Writing and Internship Program in Sydney, Australia, you’ll gain global workplace experience by interning halftime, and, with two writing courses taught by faculty of the nationally-ranked University Writing Program, you’ll complete two thirds of the professional writing minor. Complete a third course by participating in excursions to wildlife parks, state and local parliaments, art museums, beaches, and a big night out at the incomparable Sydney Opera House. You will have the opportunity to explore food, dance, film, and music festivals in one of the most diverse and sophisticated cites in the world. Classrooms and student apartments are located in Sydney’s university district, near the central railway station; homestays provide deeper immersion into Australian culture in charming neighborhoods adjacent to the city. Spotlight Video.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 25
Program Coordinator: Brianne Holden
Courses, Eligibility, Prerequisites
NOTE: International students may be required to complete an English interview with program provider.
Students will participate in a professional internship for 20 hours per week. All students are guaranteed an internship in their field of study or a related field. Internship details, placement information, and sample internships.
- Immerse yourself in a truly international educational and professional experience.
- Gain hands-on intercultural experience in a genuinely international city.
- Apply cross-cultural and intercultural classroom experiences in a global workplace.
- Build a resume that makes you stand out among your peers.
- Enjoy the peace of mind that UC Davis Study Abroad provides while greatly expanding your comfort zone and your independence.
- Spring Quarter Abroad: British Culture & Internships in London (UK)
- Summer Abroad Internships: Business & Communication (New Zealand)