UC Davis Summer Abroad
- Thermodynamics in the Land of Fire and Ice (Iceland)
- Microbiology in the Kingdom of Smiles (Thailand)
- Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle (Ireland)
- Life Sciences (Japan)
UC Davis Summer Abroad Internships
- Engineering in Sydney (Australia)
- Engineering in Barcelona (Spain)
- Global Health—Pediatric Health in La Paz (Bolivia)
- Global Health—Primary Care & Health Justice in Tarija (Bolivia)
- Global Health—Public Health in New Delhi and Primary Care in Rural Himalayas (India)
- Global Health—Healthcare Challenges in Cape Town (South Africa)
- Global Health—Hospital Medicine & Infectious Disease in Durban (South Africa)
- Global Health—Remote Island Medicine (Philippines)
- Global Health—Community Health & Native Healing (USA)
- Global Health—Immigrant and Refugee Health in California (USA)
UC Davis Quarter Abroad
UC Davis Seminars Abroad
- Seminars Abroad are short-term programs (2-3 weeks)—offered during Winter break—where students can earn credits toward your GE or the Global and International Studies minor.
UC Davis Exchange
- Aachen Engineering (Germany)
UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP)
- Most popular programs for UC students in Engineering
- Laboratory Research, Engineering & Science, Osaka University (Japan)
- Science & Engineering Summer School, University College Dublin (Ireland)
- Science & Engineering Internship, Agency for Science, Technology & Research (Singapore)
- Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (Hong Kong)
- Lund University (Sweden)
UC Davis Exchanges
- Before going abroad, it is always a good idea to consult with your major advisor about your study abroad plans. For some programs, such as UCEAP, you are required to meet with your major advisor as part of the application process. You may be able to fulfill many major requirements while abroad so it’s recommended, and sometimes mandatory, to create an academic plan with your major advisor while applying for a particular study abroad program.
- While abroad, you may need to remain in contact with your major advisor for academic advising regarding specific courses.
- Be sure to keep all course descriptions and syllabi!
When you return, see your major advisor as needed.
Review Major/Minor Requirements: UC Davis Biomedical Engineering Department Website
Meet With Your Advisor: UC Davis Biomedical Engineering Advising