The Global Engagement Opportunity (GEO) is a one-year residential living-learning community that provides students an opportunity to engage in cross cultural exchange. Students will also collaboratively learn about and address global issues in an equitable and sustainable way. Residents will have special access to networking opportunities with visiting international scholars, university leaders and dignitaries, as well as experience how the world comes together right in our northern California region. Through friendships with students from across the world and participation in programming, your GEO experience will help you thrive in our interdependent world. This community is open to all incoming first-year students—whether national or international—who are interested in participating in academic seminars, peer mentorship, and programming with a global focus. Domestic, transnational, and international students are encouraged to participate and can choose to room together.
Programs and Information
Unique activities and opportunities:
- Live and learn with a diverse global community of peers.
- One-unit seminar focusing on connecting with local and global communities.
- Learn about participating in academic, research, service, and professional work that has a global dimension.=
- Experiential learning opportunities such as field trips and site visits.
- Build relationships with globally engaged professors.
How Students Can Join
- New first-year students can join the GEO LLC within their Student Housing Application through MyAdmissions
- Indicate GEO as your first preference on your housing application under the “Living-Learning and Living-Preference Communities” page.
- Students can make changes to their living preferences until July 19, 2019.