Virtual – Human Rights and Social Impact (South Africa)
Gain real work experience related to your career goals while interning remotely for a vetted organization based in Cape Town, South Africa. You will be matched with a placement that complements your academic and professional goals and interests. Opportunities may include, but are not limited to, human rights, social entrepreneurship, economic development, education, public health, microfinance, and green tech/sustainable development.
Apart from work for the internship, you will also engage in an online course facilitated by a UC Davis faculty. The online coursework provides an opportunity for meaningful reflection during the program. You will spend 20-30 hours per week at your internship and additional hours per week for the online course.
- Instructor video about the program and courses (3 mins)
- Internship provider video about support, internship placements, and more (3 mins)
- Enhance your skills using digital tools and accomplishing remote-based work.
- Learn from and contribute to social projects and programs that benefit local communities.
- Demonstrate initiative and independence to future employers by completing global, project-based assignments.
- Develop a global network and internationalize your LinkedIn profile.
- Receive ongoing support from your program coordinator as well as mentoring via Connect-123’s career development program.
- Virtual – International Development, NGOs, Charity
- Virtual – Food Security and Nutrition
- Search other Global Policy and Social Impact Virtual Internships
- Search other Virtual Global Learning Opportunities
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities