Program Recommendations for SOC Majors
UC Davis Study Abroad Programs
- Environmental Justice in Indigenous Ecuador (Summer Abroad)
- Revolutionary Cuba (Summer Abroad)
- GIS in the Land of the Thunder Dragon (Summer Abroad)
- Science of the Mind (Summer Abroad)
- Into the Andes—History, Environment, Culture (Summer Abroad)
- Psychology Internships in Ireland, New Zealand, Spain or London (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Perspectives in Global Management (Summer Abroad)
- Virtual – Counseling and Humanitarian Action in Jordan (Virtual Summer Internships)
- Virtual – Education and Social Change in Chile (Virtual Summer Internships)
- Virtual – Human Rights and Social Impact in South Africa (Virtual Summer Internships)
- Virtual – International Development, NGOs, and Charity (Worldwide) (Virtual Summer Internships)
- Virtual – Multiple Career Fields (Worldwide) (Virtual Summer Internships)
- Search all UC Davis Global Learning opportunities in SOC
UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP)
- Human Rights and Cultural Memory
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Field Research in Mexico
- University of Oslo
- Global Cities Urban Realities
- London's Calling
- Search all UCEAP programs in SOC
- Before going abroad, it is always a good idea to consult with your major advisor about your study abroad plans. For some programs, such as UCEAP, you are required to meet with your major advisor as part of the application process. You may be able to fulfill many major requirements while abroad so it’s recommended, and sometimes mandatory, to create an academic plan with your major advisor while applying for a particular study abroad program.
- While abroad, you may need to remain in contact with your major advisor for academic advising regarding specific courses.
- Be sure to keep all course descriptions and syllabi!
- When you return, see your major advisor as needed.