Summer Abroad Europe - Travel

UC Davis Study Abroad, Summer Abroad Europe,  Genetics -- The Global Language of Biology Program, Header Image, Travel Page

Genetics—The Global Language of Biology 

Travel Arrangements

Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to and from the program site. Instructions for making flight arrangements will be sent to students via email after the program reaches minimum enrollment or within a week after the enrollment deadline. Instructions on how to get to the program accommodations will be available to enrolled students in their Program Specific Guide (PSG). The PSG will available by May and will be sent via email to the program listserv.

Notes on Travel to Your Destination

Note that this program begins in Cambridge, UK and ends in Stockholm, Sweden. Students are responsible for arranging their airfare and transportation from home to the program start location and back home from the program end location. Travel between the sites during program dates, including flights from the UK to Sweden will be booked on the student’s behalf and included in program fees.

Note regarding entry into the UK: Although UC Davis Summer Abroad programs are not affiliated with a host university, you will enter as a student visitor- and must carry specific letters from Summer Abroad with you when you enter the UK. These letters will be distributed with your orientation materials in May.

Entry Requirements for U.S. Citizens

A passport is required for this program.

There are no visa requirements for this program, though a letter will be required for presentation at UK customs. This letter will be provided to you by Summer Abroad. 

For full entry and exit requirements, visit the U.S. Department of State.

Entry Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens

A passport is required for this program.

Non-U.S. citizens should check for visa and other entry requirements by contacting the consulate of their travel destination(s) (see links below). Participants are responsible for obtaining their own visa. Summer Abroad will supply a verification of enrollment or other necessary documents for non-U.S. citizens upon request.

If visas are required, students must be prepared to apply for two separate visas: UK and Sweden. This process can be lengthy so start early.

International students in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa interested in studying abroad, should ensure the US visa in their passport has at least 90 days validity remaining whenever they travel abroad. If the US visa expires or is about to expire (even if the I-20 is current), students may be required to apply for the visa to their study abroad country in their home country.

Non-US citizens unable to gain access to the study abroad country will be subject to cancellation fees as shown in the cancellation schedule. For this reason, international students are highly encouraged to research entry to their destination country well in advance, and before enrolling in the program if possible.

Embassies and Consulates