Program Coordinator and Advisor
Welcome to UC Davis Study Abroad! I hope you decide to make studying or interning abroad part of your college experience—not only does going abroad help provide skills applicable to your future career, and make you marketable to employers, you’ll find you’ll learn a lot about yourself and have memories to last a lifetime.
I’m an alumna of UCSB where I received a BA in Spanish. Before transferring to UCSB, I studied abroad on Semester at Sea, which was my first experience abroad and ignited a passion for travel and learning about other cultures. My experience interacting with locals from all over led me to volunteer in ESL classes for visiting international students. After college, I applied my experience to become an English as a Foreign Language teacher in Brazil and Turkey. After returning to the US, I completed an MA in International Education (focus in Business) from The George Washington University and worked at university study abroad offices before moving back to California. I’m now at UC Davis Study Abroad as a Program Coordinator and Advisor, where I’m fortunate to have the opportunity to meet students about how they can make studying abroad work for them.
International highlights include
- Studied abroad on Semester at Sea – (Bahamas, Venezuela, Brazil, South Africa, Kenya, India, Malaysia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, & Japan) and participated in field pratica and independent travel, including a safari in Kenya and trekking in the Orinoco Delta in Venezuela.
- Studied education policy and comparative education while on a graduate research trip to Havana and Piñar del Rio, Cuba.
- Volunteered in 1st and 2nd grade classes, and taught IELTS prep and business English classes, in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Personal and business travel to Austria, Spain, Italy, France, Argentina, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Brazil, Turkey and throughout most of the US.
Program Coordinator for
- Summer faculty-led programs in Latin America and South Africa
- Summer Internship in Costa Rica