Program Coordinator and Advisor
Welcome to UC Davis Study Abroad! I hope you’ll consider studying abroad and take advantage of the academic, career, and personal benefits you can gain that will enhance your campus experience. While we live in an age where access to global information is at our fingertips, study abroad is a great opportunity to live it for yourself and interact with a local community. Pack your adventurous spirit and embrace the unexpected!
At university I studied languages, culture, and history, which led me to an International Studies – European Studies degree from Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. I wanted to experience first-hand the material I was studying and make gains in language acquisition, so I joined the Gonzaga in Florence, Italy program for an academic year – my first time traveling overseas. From that point forward, experiencing other places, people, food, and cultures became a valuable part of my life.
I’ve worked in the international education field for over 10 years. Prior to UC Davis, I worked in the study abroad offices at Gonzaga University and the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Throughout the years, I’ve advised university students for study abroad programs around the world.
While working for Gonzaga University, I earned a Master’s degree in Communication and Leadership Studies. During my studies, I traveled to Cagli, Italy for a summer faculty-led program working on a community digital storytelling project that would later be the base for my thesis.
In my professional and personal travels thus far, I’ve visited over 30 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. My “where to adventure next” list grows every year. If you ever want to chat about travel and experiences, ask me about:
- Diving into the blue waters of the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Antalya, Turkey on Christmas Day.
- Trail running in the Drakensberg mountain range in South Africa.
- Taking a thermal soak at an outdoor pool in Reykjavik, Iceland, in February, in a rainstorm and 40mph winds.
- Hiking across Elba Island in Italy.
- Snorkeling and swimming in the Galapagos Islands, and my fear of the marine iguanas.
- Watching the sunrise clear the mountain fog at Machu Picchu in Peru.
- Experiencing Thailand – from the rooftops of Bangkok to rural villages in the north – and learning what moves people and their community.
- The international places that I also call home – Italy, Sweden, and France.