Team4Tech Virtual Ed Tech Internship
Start Date: June 15, 2020 End Date: August 15, 2020
The Team4Tech Virtual Ed Tech Internship is a remote summer internship that is focused on supporting African non-profit organizations working to improve education in their local communities. Students from UC Davis, Middlebury College and Dartmouth College will work 8-10 hours per week, in teams of 5, on interdisciplinary projects that enhance the education of youth in East Africa. Interns will be matched to projects identified by NGOs that align with their skills and interests. Project support and guidance will be provided by Team4Tech staff members, who will also facilitate a leadership development training. Additional information.
Cost: $2,000. Financial assistance is available – please see below.
Number of Available Positions: 5
Target Group: Undergraduate students with interest or skills in technology, education, and international development
- Gain real-world experience working in the non-profit sector and working remotely
- Acquire additional cross-cultural skills needed in a globalized world
- Develop leadership skills through project work and leadership development training
- Network with students from other universities
- Make valuable contributions to enhancing the education of Kenyan, Malawian, or Rwandan students
To apply for the virtual internship, please complete and submit an application by Sunday, May 17, 2020, 11:59 pm. Students who have been selected for an interview with Team4Tech staff will be notified by Wednesday, May 20, 2020. Interviews will be held May 20-27, 2020, and finalists will be notified by May 27, 2020.
The Global Learning Hub has limited funds to assist with full or partial internship costs. If you are a UC Davis undergraduate student interested in being considered for financial assistance, please complete the supplemental funding questions as part of the application. If you are selected to receive funding from the Global Learning Hub, receipt of funding is contingent upon acceptance into the internship.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- May 13, 2020, 1 pm: Online information session, register here
- May 17, 2020, 11:59 pm: Application due
- May 20, 2020: Notifications sent for interview selection & Global Learning Hub funding
- May 20-27, 2020: Team4Tech interviews with student finalists
- May 27, 2020: Notification sent regarding selected participants
- May 29, 2020: Deadline for confirming participation in internship
Please contact Bineti Vitta if you have any questions.