Academic Years: 2019-2020
UC Davis Study Abroad, a unit of Global Affairs, aspires to be an integral part of every student’s UC Davis education, providing opportunities for international, intercultural experiences through academic programs, exchanges, internships, service learning and volunteering.
UC Davis Study Abroad is inviting proposals for new study abroad programs for 2019-2020.
Who? Academic Senate & Academic Federation faculty, including emeriti and retired faculty.
When? Deadline to submit proposal is Monday, February 5th, 2018.
Why? Faculty Leaders of UC Davis Study Abroad programs describe teaching abroad as “the best teaching experience of their careers”; it is a great opportunity to:
- Lead program types with varying levels of commitment, depending on your availability;
- Work closely with a small group of students and shape students’ learning and lives outside the traditional classroom;
- Enhance an existing course with engaging site visits and field trips while sharing your passion and knowledge of another land and culture;
- Collaborate on joint programs with research partners and institutions; or
- Branch out with our innovative new programs such as remote teaching and service learning opportunities.
What? We are encouraging proposals for a wide variety of programming, including
- Partnership Summer Abroad Programs
- Seminars Abroad
- Internships Abroad
- Student Exchanges
- USA Study Programs
- Service Learning and Volunteering
- Courses on Global Learning Topics
- Traditional Summer Abroad Programs
You can also find out more in our faculty information sessions:
- Friday, January 12, 10:00-11:00AM, 2119 Conference room, International Center.
- Friday, January 26, 2:00-3:00PM, 2119 Conference room, International Center.
If you have any level of interest in proposing a program, please reach out to the Faculty Director at Study Abroad, Aliki Dragona, to discuss your interest.
All proposals undergo a formal application and review process. Approved programs will be implemented in the 2018-19 academic year, including summer 2020.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
Faculty members should submit a proposal packet by the deadline listed above. The proposal includes an outline of the rationale for offering the program and a description of the proposed location(s) and facilities. Courses must be regular offerings that are listed in the UC Davis General Catalog.