Study Abroad in Biotechnology
UC Davis Summer Abroad
- Life Sciences (Japan)
- Thermodynamics in the Land of Fire and Ice (Iceland)
- Introduction to Winemaking (France)
- Genetics—The Global Language of Biology (Europe)
- Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle (Ireland)
UC Davis Summer Abroad Internships
- Summer Abroad Internships provide students with opportunities to gain hands-on experience in diverse fields at locations around the globe. Programs are available in Global Health (Bolivia-La Paz, Bolivia-Tarija, India, South Africa-Cape Town, South Africa-Durban, Philippines), Business & Communication (Hong Kong, New Zealand), and Engineering (Australia).
UC Davis Quarter Abroad
- Complete three quarters of language study in just one quarter abroad (Argentina, Italy, Japan, Spain) or participate in a quarter-long internship in a number of professional fields (UK-London, Australia). Quarter Abroad also offers a Chemistry program in Taiwan, a Pre-Health internship in Mexico and a new political science program at the London School of Economics (LSE).
UC Davis Seminars Abroad
- Seminars Abroad are short-term programs (2-3 weeks)—offered during Winter break—where students can earn credits toward your GE or the Global and International Studies minor.
UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP)
- Laboratory Research, Engineering & Science, Osaka University (Japan)
- Engineering & Science in English, Tohoku Univ. (Japan)
- Science & Engineering Internship, Agency for Science, Technology & Research (Singapore)
- Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (Hong Kong)
- Search all UCEAP programs in Biotechnology
- Before going abroad, it is always a good idea to consult with your major advisor about your study abroad plans. For some programs, such as UCEAP, you are required to meet with your major advisor as part of the application process. You may be able to fulfill many major requirements while abroad so it’s recommended, and sometimes mandatory, to create an academic plan with your major advisor while applying for a particular study abroad program.
- While abroad, you may need to remain in contact with your major advisor for academic advising regarding specific courses.
- Be sure to keep all course descriptions and syllabi!
When you return, see your major advisor as needed.
Review Major/Minor Requirements: UC Davis Biotechnology Department Website
Meet With Your Advisor: UC Davis Biotechnology Advising