- University of California, Davis Homepage - Academic departments, courses, events, and search for students, faculty and staff
- UC Davis Services for International Students & Scholars (SISS) - Find help for visas, work permits, housing and travel information
- Davis Wiki - An online guide to everything about Davis created for and edited by the people of Davis
- UC Davis Campus Life and Activities - the Wikipedia article that explains everything Davis
All new international students must attend the orientation program coordinated by Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS). This orientation will provide you with important information about immigration and visa regulations as well as SISS services. The orientation program also helps acquaint international students with the educational and cultural environment at UC Davis, the town of Davis, and provide an opportunity to meet other new international students.
Davis Maps & Transportation
- Getting to Davis - Directions to UC Davis campus from airports and surrounding areas
- Davis Airporter - Door to door airport service to and from Sacramento or San Francisco International Airport.
- Unitrans - Student run buses that can get you anywhere in Davis
All students at UC Davis register for classes electronically via the web-based registration system SISWEB. Registration takes place during two intervals called “passes.” The two-pass registration system ensures that all students have access to the courses that are most critical to their curricula, and that access to registration is distributed fairly throughout the student body.
- Join us on Facebook
- Things to do on and off campus - find fun events, performances, lectures and hikes in and around Davis
- International House - The I-house offers events and classes for both international students and those Davis students who wish to make international friends
Making Yourself at Home
- Craigslist - lists, among other things, postings for rooms and apartments for rent (make sure to search for "Davis") OR you can search for furniture and bicycles
- Community Housing Listing: posts by members of the UC Davis community for empty rooms and apartments
- IKEA: most of the apartment’s students rent are unfurnished so you can go to IKEA to pick up some cheap furniture and household supplies
- Bike Barn: Davis is known for its biking and its bicyclists. Biking is the easiest way to get around our large campus and our town. The bike barn has bike auctions twice a year and is a great place to get your bike fixed