UC Davis is one of ten University of California campuses located in Northern California - 70 miles from San Francisco and the Pacific Ocean beaches, and 100 miles from the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains and Lake Tahoe, and 180 miles from Yosemite National Park. Students enjoy the college town feel of Davis, while still being able to quickly travel to many of California's greatest cities, beaches, ski slopes, and tourist destinations.
UC Davis welcomes students and international scholars from 100+ countries around the world! As an international student, you will have the opportunity to work with renowned professors, foreign scholars and leading scientists on key global issues in science, agriculture, medicine, the economy, society and the arts. We have more than 100 majors to choose from, and offer one of the most comprehensive educational experiences in the United States. The city of Davis is university oriented, and is noted for its progressive outlook and diverse community. You will feel safe and at home, both on campus and within the city of Davis.
As a UC Davis reciprocity student, one of your first stops on campus should be to the UC Davis Study Abroad office in the International Center, on the corner of Russell Blvd and California Ave, Suite 1120. Here, you will have the opportunity to meet the academic advisors, office staff, and student interns. You will also be able to get in touch with students returning from abroad who will be able to give you information about general student and academic life at UC Davis. Please take some time to explore and learn more about our campus.
Get to know our university, no travel involved. We hope you’ll visit in person too!
Support for International Students
UC Davis provides support and services to help you transition easily into campus life and prepare you for a successful academic career abroad.
The Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS)office is available to help assist you with your visa and immigration issues, and provides information regarding financial, cultural, academic and personal support as you adjust to your new community. Join the Global Ambassadors Mentorship Program to meet up with other students and learn about the UC Davis campus and culture.
The International House Davis promotes respect and appreciation for all people and cultures, and encourages a global community by providing many opportunities for cross-cultural interaction. Students interested in connecting with students from other cultures can meet up through I-House events.
Ethnic, cultural and recreational student organizations give students the chance to meet other international students and share experiences. Multicultural student organizations like the International Students Club offer students the chance to make friends and help incoming international students adjust to American culture. The Center for Student Involvement lists more than 800 academic, social and community service clubs for you to join!
The student-launched Davis Wiki provides extensive information about all aspects of living in Davis, including ethnic markets, banking and a diverse selection of restaurants.
- Where is UC Davis Study Abroad?
- UC Davis Study Abroad is located in the International Center, on the corner of Russell Blvd and California Avenue on the Davis Campus.
- If I have questions about courses concerning UCEAP, who should I contact?
- If you have any question regarding UCEAP or need help with any issue while in Davis, please contact the UC Davis Reciprocity advisor, Christina Siracusa, (530) 752-4148, or via email. You can also refer to the UCEAP Reciprocity website.
- Where is the Office of the University Registrar?
- Website: https://registrar.ucdavis.edu/
3100 Dutton Hall; Campus Map
- When and where do I set up my email account?
While some of you may have established your account prior to arrival, everyone is able to get help connecting to the university’s server, or just for troubleshooting your technology challenges at:IT Express
- Where do I get my student ID card?
- New Transfer and Undergraduate Students for fall should obtain their AggieCard during Orientation. If you do not attend Orientation, go to the AggieCard office in 253 Memorial Union M - F 10am - 4pm.
- Where do I pay for my health insurance?
- You can pay for your health insurance at the Cashier’s Office: 1200 Dutton Hall, Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- How can I get around town?
- The City of Davis is known as the Bicycle Capital of North America, and it has a renowned system of bike path and bike lane. Thus, you can get around town easily with your bike. If riding a bicycle, however, is a challenge for you, it is not something to worry about. UC Davis also has an extensive bus system called Unitrans, and everything in downtown Davis is within walking distance.
- How can I get a bike?
- The UC Davis Bike Barn sells both new and used bicycles at very reasonable rates. They also provide bike repair and tools to repair your own bike. You can also get a decent bike at a reasonable price at Target or look for bikes on sale at The Davis Enterprise.
- How do I get my bike registered?
- Bicycle Licenses are available through Transportation and Parking services (TAPS) at a cost of $10.
- How do I get from Davis to Sacramento, Woodland or the airport?
- Yolo bus route 42, 43 and 44 go to Sacramento, West Sacramento, and Woodland. For more information, go to Yolo Bus or call (530) 666-2877. You can also take Amtrak to Sacramento. The Amtrak station is located on Second Street at H Street (on the Unitrans A-line bus) and can be reached at 1-800-USA-RAIL.
- Where is the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- The Department of Motor Vehicles is located at 505 Pole Line (corner of 5th and Pole Line Road). Phone: 1 (800) 777-0133
- Where is the post office in Davis?
Main Post Office
2020 5th Street (corner of Pole Line Road and 5th street)
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. -5:30 p.m. Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Sunday Closed (530) 753-3496
Satellite Post Office
424 3rd Street (near Davis Central Park)
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 12:00pm – 4:30pm. Saturday & Sunday Closed. (530) 753-0428