UC Davis is one of ten University of California campuses located in Northern California - 70 miles from San Francisco and the Pacific Ocean beaches, and 100 miles from the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains and Lake Tahoe, and 180 miles from Yosemite National Park. Students enjoy the college town feel of Davis, while still being able to quickly travel to many of California's greatest cities, beaches, ski slopes, and tourist destinations.
As a UC Davis reciprocity student, one of your first stops on campus should be to the UC Davis Study Abroad office on the corner of 3rd and A streets, at 207 Third St, Suite 120. Here, you will have the opportunity to meet the academic advisors, office staff, and student interns. You will also be able to get in touch with students returning from abroad who will be able to give you information about general student and academic life at UC Davis. Please take some time to explore and learn more about our campus.
- Where is UC Davis Study Abroad?
- UC Davis Study Abroad is located in the International Center, on the corner of Russell Blvd and California Avenue on the Davis Campus.
- If I have questions about courses concerning UCEAP, who should I contact?
- If you have any question regarding UCEAP or need help with any issue while in Davis, please contact a Study Abroad Peer Advisor: (Phone) 530-752-5763 or email.
- Where is the Office of the University Registrar?
- Website: https://registrar.ucdavis.edu/
3100 Dutton Hall; Campus Map
- When and where do I set up my email account?
While some of you may have established your account prior to arrival, everyone is able to get help connecting to the university’s server, or just for troubleshooting your technology challenges at:IT Express
- Where do I get my student ID card?
- New Transfer and Undergraduate Students for fall should obtain their AggieCard during Orientation. If you do not attend Orientation, go to the AggieCard office in 253 Memorial Union M - F 10am - 4pm.
- Where do I pay for my health insurance?
- You can pay for your health insurance at the Cashier’s Office: 1200 Dutton Hall, Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- How can I get around town?
- The City of Davis is known as the Bicycle Capital of North America, and it has a renowned system of bike path and bike lane. Thus, you can get around town easily with your bike. If riding a bicycle, however, is a challenge for you, it is not something to worry about. UC Davis also has an extensive bus system called Unitrans, and everything in downtown Davis is within walking distance.
- How can I get a bike?
- The UC Davis Bike Barn sells both new and used bicycles at very reasonable rates. They also provide bike repair and tools to repair your own bike. You can also get a decent bike at a reasonable price at Target or look for bikes on sale at The Davis Enterprise.
- How do I get my bike registered?
- Bicycle Licenses are available through Transportation and Parking services (TAPS) at a cost of $10.
- How do I get from Davis to Sacramento, Woodland or the airport?
- Yolo bus route 42 and 43 goes to Sacramento, West Sacramento, and Woodland. For more information, go to Yolo Bus or call (530) 666-2877. You can also take Amtrak to Sacramento. The Amtrak station is located on Second Street at H Street (on the Unitrans A-line bus) and can be reached at 1-800-USA-RAIL.
- Where is the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- The Department of Motor Vehicles is located at 505 Pole Line (corner of 5th and Pole Line Road). Phone: 1 (800) 777-0133
- Where is the post office in Davis?
Main Post Office
2020 5th Street (corner of Pole Line Road and 5th street)
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. -5:30 p.m. Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (530) 753-3496
164 Memorial Union
Hours of Operation: 9:30am - 5:30pm, Monday-Friday (530) 752-2795