Summer Abroad UK - Travel

UC Davis Study Abroad, Summer Abroad United Kingdom, Scottish Tales Program, Header Image, Travel Page

Scottish Tales

Travel Arrangements

Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to the program site. Instructions for making flight arrangements will be sent to students via email after the program reaches minimum enrollment or within a week after the enrollment deadline. Instructions on how to get to the program accommodations will be available to enrolled students in their Program Specific Guide (PSG). The PSG will available by May through enrolled students’ Summer Abroad Account and sent via email to the program listserv.

Notes on Travel to Your Destination

Although UC Davis Summer Abroad programs are not affiliated with a host university, participants will enter as a student visitor and must carry specific letters from Summer Abroad when entering the UK. These letters will be distributed with orientation materials.

Participants intending to participate in another study, intern or travel program immediately beforehand or afterword, are responsible for their visa situation. Make sure to take this program into account when figuring out the visa situation. Summer Abroad can provide a verification of enrollment letter when requested. 

Entry Requirements for U.S. Citizens

A valid passport is required for this program.

There are no visa requirements for this program.

Entry Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens

A valid passport is required for this program.

Non-U.S. citizens should check for visa and other entry requirements by contacting the consulate of their travel destination(s) (see links below). Participants are responsible for obtaining their own visa. Summer Abroad will supply a verification of enrollment or other necessary documents for non-U.S. citizens upon request.

International students in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa interested in studying abroad, should ensure the U.S. visa in their passport has at least 90 days validity remaining whenever they travel abroad. If the U.S. visa expires or is about to expire (even if the I-20 is current), students may be required to apply for the visa to their study abroad country in their home country.

Non-U.S. citizens unable to gain access to the study abroad country will be subject to cancellation fees as shown in the cancellation schedule. For this reason, international students are highly encouraged to research entry to their destination country well in advance, and before enrolling in the program if possible.

Embassies and Consulates

British Consulate in San Francisco

United States Consulate in Edinburgh