Housing and Urbanism in Barcelona
- Excursions and Day Trips
- Study Abroad Advisory of Student Risk
- About Portugal
- Weather and Climate
- Research Your Destination
Students will be staying in a Residence Hall in furnished double rooms or single rooms. The rooms come with a fully equipped kitchen, bathroom, a desk, duvet cover(s), and internet connection. The residence hall is located near a city park and beach and within 20 minutes to the classroom by the metro. Sample facilities available to students include: computer room, study rooms, game room, laundry machines, etc.
Daily meals are not included in the price of the program. The accommodation will have fully equipped kitchen you may use to make your meals. There are also several grocery stores nearby within walking distance to the lodging. Several meals will be provided as part of the program activities.
Student Voices - Study Abroad: Our Stories, Articles by Nikki Zanchetta
- "The Journal"
- "The Hostel Culture in Europe"
- "The City as your Classroom" (In Progress)
- "The City that Wants to Secede" (In Progress)
- "Being a Tourist in an Anti-tourism City" (In Progress)
- "The Spanish Siesta" (In Progress)
Tentative list of program activities
- Class field trips to numerous neighborhood associations
- Tour of one of the famous architectures by Antoni Gaudi
- Field trip to Sitges, a small town near Barcelona famous for its beaches and historical sites
- Field trip to wine country outside of Barcelona
- Las Golondrinas - boat tour of Barcelona
- Biking tour of Barcelona
- Visit to the Museu d'Historia de Barcelona
Participation in this UC Davis Study Abroad program requires travel to and extended living in a foreign location(s) abroad. UC Davis Study Abroad endeavors to reduce and mitigate risk wherever possible. However, the environments and risks associated with living in these locations are substantially different than those found during a regular course of study at UC Davis. All participants must download and review the following information prior to departure. Any questions should be directed to the Program Coordinator.
Currency: Euro (EUR)
Language Spoken:Spanish & Catalan
Summer in Barcelona is typically hot and humid with temperature ranging from mid 70's to mid 80's degree Fahrenheit with occasional thunderstorms in August.