Neurobiology in Romania
Arrive Date: June 2019 End Date: July 2019
Take NPB 100, “Neurobiology,” in the vibrant city of Bucharest in Romania. The course will be taught by faculty from the Department of Anatomy, Animal Biology, Animal Physiology and Biophysics at the University of Bucharest (UB) with oversight by UC Davis faculty. This program includes a variety of academic and cultural excursions including a visit to Dracula’s Bran Castle and Peleș Castle. Students will also have the opportunity for intercultural exchange as they interact with local neuroscience students and faculty. UB is located in the heart of the culturally and historically rich capital city once referred to as the “Paris of the East.” Today, Bucharest is known for its dynamic music scene, fabulous museums, pristine parks, exciting nightlife, and delicious food.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 32
Program Coordinator: Ashley Arvanites
Course Instructors: Alexandru Babes, Tudor Selescu
Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior (NPB) 100. Neurobiology (4 units)
Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior (NPB) 198. Directed Group Study (4 units, Pass/No Pass grading only)
- Take NPB100 in a small group (maximum 32 students) rather than in the large lecture format at UC Davis.
- Experience the warmth and hospitality of the Romanian people.
- Explore this safe and affordable capital city utilizing the excellent public transportation.
- Study neuroscience in a beautiful academic setting with contrasting 18th century and modern buildings and facilities.
- Bucharest is situated within easy reach of the Black Sea city of Constanta, Carpathian mountain resorts, and the Danube delta.