Celtic Connections—Ireland, France, Spain
- Excursions and Day Trips
- Study Abroad Advisory of Student Risk
- About Europe
- Research Your Destination
- Dublin, Ireland – Single/double rooms in student residences at Trinity College in the city center
- Santiago, Spain - Double rooms in a hotel near the city center
- Rennes, France - Double rooms in a hotel near the city center
UC Davis reserves the right to change the accommodation location. Should this be necessary, we will arrange comparable lodging. Please note that elevators, air conditioners and other modern conveniences may not be available in all locations.
Student Voices - Study Abroad: Our Stories, Articles by Kaija Holland
- "5 Benefits of Exploring Smaller Cities"
- "5 Things I Learned Studying Abroad as a Vegetarian"
- "Three Countries, Four Weeks"
Student Photo Blog
Breakfast will be provided in all locations. Group meals and snacks will be provided on many class excursions.
- Glendalough/ Wicklow Mountains
- Ireland’s National Museum
- Ireland’s National Art Gallery
- Natural History Museum of Ireland
- Howth Head
- The Abbey Theatre
- Bus Trip from Santiago to Coastal City of La Coruna
- Walking Tour of Historical Santiago
- Rooftop Tour of Cathedral -- Santiago de Compostela
- Extensive Walking Tour of Medieval/Historical Rennes
- Day-Long Excursion to St Malo (Coastal Brittany)
- Day-Long Excursion to Roche aux Fees Neolithic Site
Participation in this UC Davis Study Abroad program requires travel to and extended living in a foreign location(s) abroad. UC Davis Study Abroad endeavors to reduce and mitigate risk wherever possible. However, the environments and risks associated with living in these locations are substantially different than those found during a regular course of study at UC Davis. All participants must download and review the following information prior to departure. Any questions should be directed to the Program Coordinator.
Videos on Ireland
- 36 Hours in Dublin, Ireland | The New York Times (Video)
- Glendalough (Video)
- What to Do in Belfast, Ireland | 36 Hours | The New York Times (Video)
- To Ireland, a Son’s Journey Home | The New York Times (Article)
Videos/ Articles on Santiago and Galicia
- Santiago de Compostela - Travel Spain (Video)
- Catedral De Santiago De Compostela Vacation Travel Video Guide (Video)
Videos/ Articles on Rennes and Brittany