Bio Sci Statistics in Cork
Arrive Date: Summer 2019 (TBD) End Date: Summer 2019 (TBD)
A unique opportunity to learn “Applied Statistics for Biological Sciences,” (STA 100) in a small group setting and a charming location. Classroom learning will be supplemented by site visits demonstrating the application of statistics in food and agriculture industries, such as dairy farming. Cork is famous as a center of Irish history, culture, and cuisine, and is a gateway to the larger region of quaint seaside towns, fascinating ruins, and dramatic vistas. The city provides easy access by air to European capitals for independent travel. This four-week program is taught onsite by a UC Davis professor of Statistics.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 30
Program Coordinator: Ashley Arvanites
Statistics (STA) 100. Applied Statistics for Biological Sciences (4 units)
Statistics (STA) 198. Directed Studies (4 units, P/NP)
- Enroll in a highly impacted introductory UC Davis course that will benefit students from a variety of majors.
- Tour the great diversity of geographies, from the rugged coastlines to the Giant’s Causeway, from the bustling harbors to the cultural centers of the cities.
- Genetics—The Global Language of Biology (UK, Sweden, Czech Republic, Austria)
- Ireland—Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle (Ireland)
- Ireland—Bio Sci 2B in Dublin (Ireland)
- Thermodynamics in the Land of Fire and Ice (Iceland)
- Neurobiology in Romania (Romania)
- Other Programs in Biological Sciences
- Other Programs in the UK and Europe