Bio Sci Statistics in Cork
Arrive Date: June 24, 2019 End Date: July 20, 2019
A unique opportunity to take Applied Statistics for Biological Sciences (STA 100) in a small group setting in southern Ireland. This four-week course will be taught by a UC Davis professor of Statistics at the beautiful, historic University College Cork. Classroom learning will be supplemented by site visits demonstrating the application of statistics in the food and agriculture industries, such as dairy farming. The program will also include other cultural and historical excursions and activities. Cork is famous for its Irish history, culture, and cuisine, and is a gateway to the larger region of quaint seaside towns, fascinating ruins, and dramatic vistas. The city provides easy access by air to European capitals for independent travel.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 30
Program Coordinator: Ashley Arvanites
Statistics (STA) 100. Applied Statistics for Biological Sciences (4 units)
Statistics (STA) 198. Directed Studies (4 units, P/NP)
- Take a popular UC Davis Statistics course with a UC Davis faculty member at the beautiful, historic University College Cork.
- Enjoy an intimate learning environment with enrollment limited to 30 students.
- Discover Ireland’s breathtaking southern coast while experiencing southern Irish culture.
- Explore the cultural center of Cork and the surrounding countryside.
- Genetics—The Global Language of Biology (UK, Sweden, Czech Republic, Austria)
- Ireland—Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle (Ireland)
- Ireland—Bio Sci 2B in Dublin (Ireland)
- Thermodynamics in the Land of Fire and Ice (Iceland)
- Neurobiology in Romania (Romania)
- Other Programs in Biological Sciences
- Other Programs in the UK and Europe