Bio Sci 2B in Dublin
Arrive Date: June 25, 2019 End Date: July 30, 2019
Experience Ireland at the modern University College Dublin (UCD) while taking Biological Sciences 2B, Introduction to Biology: Principles of Ecology and Evolution. The course will be taught by UCD faculty using state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, with oversight by UC Davis faculty. UCD is one of Europe’s top universities with a highly rated School of Biology and Environmental Sciences. The urban campus is located in the pleasant Belfield area of Dublin, with great public transportation to the historic city center. Dublin is an international cultural and business hub with easy access to other European capitals and the nearby coast and countryside for which Ireland is famed. This five-week program includes site visits to ecological, cultural, and historical landmarks in Ireland.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 30
Program Coordinator: Ashley Arvanites
Biological Sciences (BIS) 2B. Introduction to Biology: Principles of Ecology and Evolution (5 units)
Biological Sciences (BIS) 198. Directed Group Study (3 units, P/NP)
- Explore fundamental concepts in ecology and evolution with expert faculty at Ireland’s largest university.
- Take BIS2B in a small group setting (maximum 30 students) rather than in the large lecture format at UC Davis.
- Discover Ireland’s breathtaking scenery, rich traditions, and historical sites.
- Immerse yourself in the historical, friendly, cosmopolitan capital city of Dublin.
- Ireland—Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle (Ireland)
- Exercise and Wellness (Czech Republic)
- Ireland—Bio Sci Statistics in Cork (Ireland)
- Neurobiology in Romania (Romania)
- Genetics— The Global Language of Biology (UK, Sweden, Czech Republic, Austria)
- Other Programs in Biological Sciences
- Other Programs in the UK and Europe