Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle
Arrive Date: June 19, 2018 End Date: July 24, 2018
Take Biological Sciences 2A in beautiful, green Ireland at University College Cork (UCC). The course will be taught by UCC faculty with oversight by UC Davis faculty. UCC is one of Ireland’s top schools with a world-class department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology. Cork, the second largest city in Ireland, is a vibrant community that combines a welcoming small-town feel with the amenities of a cosmopolitan center, including ease of travel by air to London (one hour), Paris, Amsterdam, Madrid, and other European capitals. The five-week program includes field trips on the biology and culture of Ireland, to local landmarks in County Cork, the Burren and Cliffs of Moher in County Clare, and to Dublin.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 30
Program Coordinator: Sarah Wiens
Biological Sciences (BIS) 2A. Essentials of Life on Earth (5 units)
Biological Sciences (BIS) 198. Directed Group Study (3 units, P/NP)
- Explore Ireland’s breathtaking southern coast, learn Irish dance and listen to Irish music.
- Tour the great diversity of geographies, from the rugged coastlines of Southern Ireland, to the bustling harbor of Cobh to the cultural center of Cork.
- Learn biology at the beautiful, historic University College Cork, founded in 1845.
- Genetics—The Global Language of Biology (Austria, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Sweden)
- Life Sciences (Japan)
- Microbiology Lab in the Kingdom of Smiles (Thailand)
- Ecological and Social Issues at Lake Atitlan (Guatemala)
- Other Programs in Biological Sciences
- Other Programs in Europe