Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle
Arrive Date: June 18, 2019 End Date: July 23, 2019
Take Biological Sciences 2A, Introduction to Biology: Essentials of Life on Earth, at the beautiful, historic University College Cork (UCC) in Ireland. This five-week program will be taught by UCC faculty with oversight by UC Davis faculty and will include field trips on the biology and culture of Ireland, to local landmarks, the Burren and Cliffs of Moher, and Dublin. UCC has a world-class department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology and is one of Ireland’s top universities. Cork is the second largest city in Ireland and is home to a vibrant community that combines a welcoming, small-town feel with the amenities of a cosmopolitan center. The location also facilitates easy air travel to European capitals for independent travel.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 40
Program Coordinator: Ashley Arvanites
Biological Sciences (BIS) 2A. Introduction to Biology: Essentials of Life on Earth (5 units)
Biological Sciences (BIS) 198. Directed Group Study (3 units, P/NP)
- Take BIS2A with only 40 other students rather than in the large lecture format on campus.
- Explore fundamental concepts in biology with the assistance of the expert faculty at the University College Cork.
- Discover Ireland’s breathtaking southern coast, learn Irish dance and listen to Irish music.
- Tour the great diversity of geographies, from the rugged coastlines of Southern Ireland, to the bustling harbor of Cobh to the cultural center of Cork.
- Life Sciences in Japan (Japan)
- Genetics – The Global Language of Biology (UK, Sweden, Czech Republic, Austria)
- Microbiology in the Kingdom of Smiles (Thailand)
- Ireland—Bio Sci 2B in Dublin (Ireland)
- Ireland—Bio Sci Statistics in Cork (Ireland)
- Other Programs in Biological Sciences
- Other Programs in the UK and Europe