France—Sex & Space: Gender in Architecture
- Excursions and Day Trips
- Study Abroad Advisory of Student Risk
- About France
- Weather and Climate
- Research Your Destination
Lodging in shared rooms in a dormitory (Paris), a hotel (Dijon and Marseille), and a youth hostel (Nice).
Breakfast and dinner daily in Paris, breakfast daily in Dijon and Nice, and welcome and farewell dinners.
- Musée du Louvre, Pyramids, Paris
- Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris
- Moulin Rouge, Quartier Pigalle area, Paris
- Fondation Louis Vuitton, Paris
- Eiffel Tower, Paris
- Hermitage Plaza Twin Towers, Paris
- Villa Savoye, Poissy
- Institut du Monde Arabe, Paris
- Notre Dame du Haut, Ronchamps
- Saline Royale / Royal Saltworks, Arc-et-Senans
- Miroir Ombrière, Vieux Port, Marseille
- CMA CGM Headquarters, Marseille
- Carré d'Art-Musée d’Art Contemporain, Nîmes
- Unité d'Habitation, Marseille
- Villa Noailles, Hyères
- E.1027, Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
- Le Cabanon Summer Cabin and Tombstone, Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
Participation in this UC Davis Study Abroad program requires travel to and extended living in a foreign location(s) abroad. UC Davis Study Abroad endeavors to reduce and mitigate risk wherever possible. However, the environments and risks associated with living in these locations are substantially different than those found during a regular course of study at UC Davis. All participants must download and review the following information prior to departure. Any questions should be directed to the Program Coordinator.
According to Lonely Planet:
France seduces travelers with its unfalteringly familiar culture, woven around cafe terraces, village-square markets and lace-curtained bistros with their plat du jour chalked on the board.
Currency: Euro (EUR)
Language Spoken: French
Prepare for fluctuating weather conditions. Some days will be very hot; others will be rainy. You can monitor the weather in the weeks leading up to the program online.
Summer Abroad endeavors to provide you with as much accurate information as possible. However, information can change daily. It is your responsibility to become acquainted with your host country before your departure.
It is a good idea to contact official tourist offices for brochures and general information. We have listed some good starting points for your personal research.
Country Specific Information